Automotive Glass Machinery Manufacturing
Who We Are
Equipment and tooling for the automotive sector must be of superior quality, be reliable, and robust. We know what the automotive sector requires, and we have delivered it for years. Glassline has now been producing automotive glass processing equipment for 50 years! Starting from early rotary Backlite seamers and Windshield ‘lazy-arm’ seamers, then cam grinders to one of the very first CNC grinding machines(1987), this history led to the current pre-processing lines as well as other product lines. We produce machines for nearly all of the vehicle glass, including the mirrors. We produce high quality machines for nearly every need for automotive glass processing, including cutting, grinding, drilling, printing, and much more. Our Diamond Tooling division manufactures tooling for drilling and grinding. We are the most all-around capable flat glass equipment and tooling manufacturer in the USA.
Our compassion for our Customers has enabled us to be in business since 1970. We strive to provide exceptional value, by being innovative and flexible partners to our Customers, and providing durable, quality equipment and tooling at reasonable pricing.
What We Do
We are a vertically integrated Engineering and Manufacturing company. Our Engineering team creates 3D designs for our manufacturing team. Our ERP system tracks all of the job parts via barcoding and data entry, so reporting to our demanding automotive Customers can be fairly straightforward. We fabricate and machine nearly all parts in house, and large assembly areas provide the ability to pretest systems prior to shipping for faster startups. Our InteliCon division builds the control panels which we typically mount on the machines to minimize field wiring. Controls Engineering and programming are typically done in house, but we can partner with others as required. We assist with installation and start up.
Product categories for auto glass
COMPLETE PROCESSING LINES
Many of the below noted machines can be provided as a complete processing line and directly feed the bending and tempering furnace.
We produce extremely accurate and fast CNC Cutting machines for the Automotive market. The design allows for extremely fast accel/decel and very tight tolerances, as demanded by the automotive industry. Using Linear Motors and a patented direct drive servo cutting head, the machines are very low maintenance and made to run 24/7. Various machines are designed for sizes ranging from sideview mirrors, quarterlites, sidelites, backlites, windshields and larger. We have custom designed CNC cutters to be retrofitted into existing lines for increased uptime and decreased cycle times.
CNC EDGE GRINDING
We produce many sizes and styles of CNC shape grinders for the entire set of automotive glass sizes.
CNC WATERJET AND GRIND MACHINES FOR INTERNAL CUTOUTS
A specialized machine has been developed for ‘hole-in-glass products.
Various styles of automated drilling machines/systems have been made specifically to be put inline with our CNC Cutting and Grinding lines. We can design a solution for your needs.
PRINTING AND DRYING
High speed, accurate, durable inline printing machines are typically required for the automotive industry. Aisa technology and Glassline machine design/build capabilities have been combined to provide excellent printing and drying systems.
MACHINES FOR LAMINATED GLASS
We have extensive experience(>30 years) in De-airing/Nipper roller systems. We were also the original developer of the CNC PVB shape cutting machine, for the elimination of die cutting in windshield pvb processing.
Our capabilities for material handling solutions are endless, due to our years of experience building complete line solutions. To name a few: Loading/Unloading, Precision Squaring(flat or bent glass), Accumulation systems, Flippers, Rotators, Conveyors of all types; you name it we can make it. We have built many large-scale lines for automotive glass usch as windshields for conveying, accumulating, etc. and automatic precision loading to the furnace.
Centrifugal separation has been a mainstay in the automotive industry. We build it here as well, and integrate it with your grinding systems.
WHEEL DRESSING MACHINES
EDM wheel profiling machines are the most popular choice for companies looking to redress their own wheels.
- CNC Pre-processing Lines(cut/break/grind/drill)
- Silkscreen Printing and Drying Systems
- Print, Dry, Squaring – In-line with Furnace
- Waterjet_grinding hole-in-glass processing line
- Laminated Automotive Glass De-Airing Line(Nipper Line)
- Overhead Loader/Unloader(Single Sided)
- Furnace Loading Systems(CNC Shuttles)
- Furnace Loading Systems(Robot/Vision)
- Furnace Unloading Systems
CNC Glass Cutting
Loading and Unloading Options
- Rack Change Turntable
- String Extraction
- String Interleaving
- Paper Interleaving
- Overhead Loader Servo Vertical Axis
- Overhead Loader Servo Tilt Axis
- Overhead Loader Servo Rotation Axis
Waterjet Glass Cutting
CNC Edge Grinding
- CNC Small Part Grinder(Indexing Table)
- CNC Polar Grinders
- CNC XY Grinder
- D6056 Dual Head Rotary Grinder
- GHS15X Silkscreen Printers(shuttle style)
- Airfloat Tables for Manual Breakout(optional lift bars)
- GHS20X – 2-up Silkscreen Printers
- GHS39 – Logo Printer
Auto Lami Glass Machines
- Windshield Assembly Conveyor
- Bent W/S Vertical Inspection Conveyor(scanning)
- Laminating Trimming Conveyors(expanding/contracting)
- Trimming Stands
- Bent W/S Squaring Systems
- PVB Processing Line
- PVB CNC Shape Cutter
- Pattern Generator Part Registration
- Static Elimination
- Safety Scanner and Rod lock
- De-Airing Press
- Servo Tilt
- De-Airing Press
- Servo Squaring(Pusher) Axes
- Automatic Entry/Exit Conveyor Tilt Setup
- Customization – pneumatics, roll rubber, etc.
Glass Handling Machines
- Ball Caster Tables
- Vertical Accumulators
- Peg Conveyors(Horizontal accumulators)
- Tilting Load/Unload Bars, with Conveyor.
- Belt Conveyors
- Roll Conveyors
- Custom/Specialized Conveyors(ultraviolet, etc.)
- Transfer Conveyors
- Pairing Stations for Windshield glasses
- Flippers and Carousels
- Glass part Rotators
- Squaring and Centering Stations(flat and bent glass)
- Servo Shuttles