The “UV” drying modules are installed on the variable-speed conveying system, made of rectified chromium-plated steel roller conveyors which require virtually no maintenance. The speed can be adjusted to match the cycle time of the screen printer, if any, located before the dryer. Both inspection and maintenance of the transport system are simplified by the new design. A sturdy structure made of electrically welded and appropriately painted steel sections works as a support of conveying system, lamp modules and ventilation circuit.
This drying system, designed on the basis of a MODULAR CONCEPT, allows, provided that this feature is envisaged in the initial order, the number of modules containing the lamps to be increased from (1) 2 up to 4 in successive periods. In some conditions (e.g. slow production, small glass sheets) it may be sufficient, in order to dry the glass correctly, to make use of a single lamp, although we suggest that the user exploit at least two of them, in order to ensure a thorough drying effect and, in the event that any problem (breakage or exhaustion) damages one lamp, one of them keeps running. This principle, namely installing at least one lamp more than the strictly necessary ones, is always valid, as it also allows one to alternately use all the lamps, thus levelling their wear and tear and, as a consequence, their life performance, as well as providing one “spare” item already installed in the equipment.
- “UV” MODULE: each module, suitable for treating the various “UV” inks used for screen printing on glass, consists of:
- One anodized-aluminum slot with hinged cover, which allows easy access both to the reflecting parabola and to the lamp itself; each slot makes up a self-standing group that can be easily removed upon unwiring;
- One mercury “UV” lamp, sized according to the glass dimensions, independently settable, upon request at the order, in different working conditions. In particular occasions (such as a conveying system stop) it is possible, upon request to the system through a special signal, to automatically set the lamps in the “stand-by” position;
- Cooling and fumes removal system;
- TEMPERATURE OF GLASS LEAVING THE DRYER: The system is capable of unloading glass at a temperature such that it can be even handled by an operator.
- CONTROL PANEL, which contains all the controls, the necessary adjustment devices, as well as the pilot lights and MAIN CABINET, which contains all the necessary electric devices, such as high-voltage transformers, high-potential inductors, etc., and is cooled by a special ventilation system provided with filters manufactured according to “EC” standards
The machine is designed to transport flat glass, featuring various shapes and sizes, and dry the trademark (or logo) printed on the sheet, thus reducing production costs.
The machine is basically made up of the following parts:
- Glass transport system: glass is conveyed by chromium plated rectified steel rollers.
- Gear motor including a “servo-ventilated” inverter, which allows the glass to proceed with both very low speed and with the same speed as the line’s (in the event that the UV dryer is not operating).
- Upper part, which can be lifted by means of a pneumatic cylinder. Such lifting allows the extraction of possible glass splinters left on the conveyor, the check-up and substitution of the lamp, as well as the standard inspection and maintenance operations.
The upper part also houses:
- One UV lamps set, which can be adjusted in its appropriate drying position along one axis by means of a handwheel.
- Lamp ventilation and fumes extraction system to be taken outside.
- Control panel, which contains all the controls and the necessary adjustment devices
- Main cabinet, which contains all the necessary electric devices, located on-board the dryer.
The system as a whole is protected against any loss of UV radiation and ozone emission, so as to ensure the utmost operator safety and environmental protection.