Standard CNC machines have certain drawbacks that increase production costs: they require precision cutting tolerances and precision part squaring, tool wear must be closely monitored, frequent stoning is required to maintain tolerances, etc.
The Model 2335 Shape Seamer has been developed for various glass markets requiring shaped parts which may not require a pencil edge (SAE #1) profile, but do require a seamed edge (SAE #3 or #4). Even when cutting accuracy is poor, the Model 2335 provides the ability to seam these parts at a very fast rate. The system can be provided with one or two diamond wheel heads depending on the required production rate. Although the axes are controlled via motion axes, the head/s are allowed to float via a low pressure cylinder/regulator therefore and seam faster, and cutting tolerance is not as critical as for pencial edge cnc grinding.
The Model 2335 can be configured as a stand-alone, manually loaded system, or Glassline can provide a complete system, including cutting and breaking systems to cut parts down from raw blocks into small shapes.
- Interpolated Axes Motion control
- Integrated Vacuum part holding. Various table types can be provided depending on part size range and flexibility needed.
- Compliant grinding heads with automated pressure adjustment control
- Automatic load/unload shuttles
- Manual or automatic setup squaring station
- Automatic cut, break systems for rectangles and shapes